“I wish I could travel.”
“Uh I hate you, you’re always travelling.”
I hear these way too often around the office. A lot of us must earn in similar brackets, that’s just science… or economics if you’re going to fact-check me. No one likes a snitch, Karen! So what is stopping my colleagues?
Tree wirds fir ya, lass:
Starting with the last one, because we’re logical like that, just book it. Seriously, if you could even just technically afford it, then set it in stone. Because I promise you, nothing makes you prioritise your income like panic does. You’ll follow that with quick and easy budgeting. Lay out your monthly expenses and print out your bank statement. CROSS 👏 OFF 👏 ALL 👏 THAT 👏 CRAP. Seriously, all those takeaway coffees add up.
“Frappe or Bali?”
I guarantee you’ll soon be travelling the world using that question before every purchase. Cancel monthly subscriptions that you automatically pay for but don’t use. That’s helpful for the long run in general. Assign an amount you should work towards saving each month #goals. If you’re hardcore, put the #goal in your savings right when your salary hits.
“Pay yourself first” – Rich Dad, Poor Dad
You will hustle harder to make up for anything else as the month goes on. You’ll often find you have excess at the end of the month to add to your savings.
That is all. Go travel.
- Book Now, Pay Later Travel Deals – This gives you time to save up
- All Inclusive Specials: Vacation Packages including flights, accommodation and often meals
- Want Free Transport? Click for Free Uber or Taxify rides.
- Airlines Have R1.00 Airfare Sales – That is one cheap flight
- Get Free Airbnb Credits Here
- Trade Swap with a Travel Agency, Hotels, Airlines etc
- Take 10% Off Bookings.com Here
- Use Miles or Points – Check Your Credit or Loyalty Cards
- Enter Competitions Relentlessly